Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Fog on the Barrow Downs

Well, it is time to return to my Lord of the Rings campaign! The scenario was more fun than some write ups have led me to believe, but that might have been because I was trying to play the Hobbits 'in character' rather than have them gang up and hunt the barrow-wights or other such nonsense. Anyhow, it was a fairly close thing with an added sense of peril knowing that any deaths could last through the rest of the campaign!

So with out further a do, here it is:










There you have it. I really thought Pippin was gone for good, but he managed to make a 50-50 die roll to pull through. All the pictures are from the game in progress, except for the last one, which was staged for the purpose of the narrative.

Hope you enjoyed it. Comments welcome as always.

14 comments:

  1. LOL that was ace, love the fog its adds so much atmosphere to the pictures.

    I really LOL at Tom sing Yipee Ki Yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!

      Haha. I thought I'd slip that in and see if anyone noticed. Last minute thing which came to mind. Let's be honest, Bombadil does have some pretty odd dialogue. His 'song', for example, is a direct quote from the book!

      Delete
  2. Love it; what a great game. The presentation always impresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Michael. Comments like this make me think the effort is worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Pippin pulled through and I also chuckled at the Yippie-Ki-Yay. But you forgot the rest of the line. :)

    I love your graphic novel fromat and you did a great job with the fog effects--not to mention great painted minis and terrain.

    I use Comic Life for my game reports:

    http://plasq.com/products/comiclife/win

    Plasq recently came out with Version 2.0. If you own Version 1 you can download the V2 for just $9.95.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ted. Thanks for your comment. I'm using COmic LIfe but didn't realise there was an update available! Thanks for the heads-up on that!

      Delete
  5. So...Ned Flanders and Tom Bombadil are probably Ring a Ding Relatediddiddlio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Good point. Hadn't noticed that before but now you mention it is seems so ovbiously true! :)

      Delete
  6. https://thestarforge.wordpress.com/18 September 2012 at 17:11

    Great photos! You should do a post about your lighting & photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for your comment. The 'lighting' is natural light through the window. The camera is a cheap point and click one that I have had for at least 10 years. I don't know it's specs.

      Sorry if this dissapoints, but all I do is take some really quick pictures while i'm playing a game. Not worthy of a whole post to explain this I'm afraid!

      Delete
  7. Just came across this, nicely done :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott

      Pleased you enjoyed it. I shudder to think that I've got all three of the Journey Books to work through... Haha.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Great. I do need to get back on track with my LotR gaming!

      Delete