On the plus side I took advantage of the poor weather to think about my force organisation. The 'first draft' did not take into account the C-in-C and General, so these have now been added and the rest of the force resized accordingly. The upshot of this is that it is now starting to resemble a force I feel happy with, rather than a hodgepodge of any figures I had in my collection.
I have lost two crew from the cannon and also got rid of the Light Infantry. Using four of the Lights, I increased the Militia to a unit of 12, hopefully making them slightly more robust. The General in my army is a Todoroni ranked as 'inept' (what else?!), the figure comes from the Goyah set (review pending!) and looks suitably pompus/unable to command!
So a fair few changes to the army, but it has eliminated some of the painting and made it feel like a more coherent force than just all the figures I have thrown together!
On the other side of things I have developed a long list of secondary tasks which I have to complete by the deadline. I need to make counters for the game, as well as print the command decks and reference sheets. I also need to buy some boards to lay on top of the table in the study, as it is only really the right size for skirmish games and will not do Slaughterloo justice!
I also took the opportunity to change the lighting! This has been a long time coming and much needed. Oh the responsibilities of hosting this event!
Anyway, that's it for now, but I assure you that the next update will include much more painting and fewer pictures of illumination!