Hence Flintloque. I imagine many of you will be familiar, at least in passing, with Alternative Armies' definitive fantasy Napoleonic wargame, but those of you who are not can read about it here.
When I think about it I have spent years skirting this game, all starting with a sighting of orcs and elves dressed like Richard Sharpe and the French at Salute one year. I've always been tempted slightly by this game. But why? Well...:
- It is different from typical medieval type fantasy
- It is skirmish (or massed, if you use Slaughterloo), which makes it cheap to get into
- There is a free 'Lite' version which is good to get you started with minimal cost
- It is still being supported after all these years by a friendly company (based upon emails with Gavin Syme)
- The various races are just so much fun and I quite like the cartoony sculpts
- I can definitely afford it if I sell a fraction of my Warhamer or Epic 40K stuff
- It has solo rules (Like the ones in the USEME rules)
- It looks like just plain good fun
Let me know what you think!