Pages

Monday 21 May 2012

The Department: A rough neighbourhood

I'm waiting for varnish to dry on some figures before I can play my first game, but in the meantime I've been messing about a bit with terrain to gauge what I have and what I still need.



 The city sprawl, where the commercial district meets the industrial sector and all kinds of dubious transactions take place.




Phil Gibson exits his patrol car, pistol at the ready. You can never be too careful.



The executives at Logi-Core Consulting are so above the law they don't care about parking regs...



In the industrial sector, a worker plies her trade. She could be a low grade fabricant or a human, but it makes no difference to her approaching client.
 


A briefcase and shades usually signify trouble. Someone for Detective Gibson to look into.

Hopefully I'll play a full scenario later this week. It's been useful in encouraging me to paint my civilians, so I might be able to start my zombie campaign as well!





8 comments:

  1. Looking good Chris; will work for many a scenario. Can't wait for the progress reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael. I'm planning on integrating more sci-fi elements as I have the time and money, but it will do for now. I'm also lamenting the loss of access to a colour laser printer, which was great for printing out all those road tiles!

    I have more tall building which I hope to assemble so the board looks fuller, but at least I know I have enough road sections! I'm also pleased I invested in some grey cloth so the sections without terrain on still look 'urban'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so that's what you wanted the cloth for. Looks pretty nifty, or sinister, or something like that!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I think I failed to explain that when I asked about where to get cloth from!

      I'll settle for 'niftily sinister' if that's okay!

      Delete
  4. Looks great I take it these are 15mm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that's right. I've promised myself not to start anything new that isn't 15mm or smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get your civlian vehicles from some i recognise. I found one in a kinder egg that my little had which i've taxed as its to small for her to play with that looks like it would do well for 15mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention that... The white car in the picture with the Logi-Core exec is from a Kinder egg. I love it when a useful thing like that turns up! Ha.

      The other normal cars are all from China. 'WeHonest' on eBay sell them. It sounds a bit suspect, but you can check the TMP consumer board to find plenty of people who have bought from them. I got 100 cars for not a lot of money at all. They are fairly cheap looking up close, but they get the job done.

      Delete