|(L-R) Sarah Jane, Leela, Nyssa|
I think they are okay, but I got so fed up with Nyssa that I just settled for a single colour and a wash. Too frustrating trawling Google and finding page after page of pictures of her in some kind of velvety looking brown/purple clothing which seemed to be the costume the figure had on. So she just got what she was given in the end.
Just because I know wargamers are a nosey bunch, here is the current state of my work area. Roughly going from left to right:
- Dug out my 15mm zombies after watching the first season of The Walking Dead back to back on Monday. Okay, it is only six episodes, but still! I need to base these properly but have been putting it off. I've got more figures out of shot which need working on. As for the TV show, it was good, but I had to force myself a little to take it on its own merits rather than compare it to the comic, which (ironically some might say) managed to convey the humanity of the characters much better than the show did. Characters were added to the show for no real reason and major plot points added or removed for zero benefit. But let's be clear, both myself and my wife really enjoyed it, it probably just helps if you haven't read the comics.
- Behind this are some unpainted Skaven which used to be my Blood Bowl team but are going to be reappropriated for Warhammer 3rd Edition.
- To the right of the Skaven is the unit of beastmen I rush-painted in a day to see what would happen. I'd put them on the table, but there is a reason I have not posted a photo!
- On the mat, in the back row, several plastic Space Marines in various states of paintedness, for Rogue Trader. There are more still on sprues in the top left of the picture. There is something strangely exciting about knowing you are working on figures which are about 20 years old and haven't been used before.
- In front on the left are Sarah Jane, Leela and Nyssa waiting for their flock to dry.
- Finally, to the right of the Doctor Who figures are the Skaven who started all this mess on my table. I find painting blocks of troops to be hugely dull, so I need other projects around to break things up a little. It doesn't help that once I have these done I have another 20 waiting for me. Will I ever manage to paint a whole Skaven army?!