Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Painting Challenge. Complete! (And new projects)

Well, the challenge has been completed! The picture above is of the finished army (sorry for the poor lighting).

So... time for a new project. I have been meaning to play more Victorian Sci-Fi for a while now and have everything I need to get started. My aim is to use the following with the G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. rules:

  • 20 British soldiers (Zulu War period)
  • 2 British officers
  • Mina Harker
  • Allan Quatermain
  • 1 steam tank
  • A bunch of plastic dinosaurs.

This should be everything I need for a dino hunting game (and probably a bit more!). I have a 30 day deadline for this as that is when my trial runs out on Comic Life. Comic Life is a handy bit of software that allows you to design comic pages using your photos. I put together the below in a couple of minutes using pics from my last LotR game. (Apologies for the 'ferry' typo, I didn;t check before I exported it.) I'm hoping this software will be a good way of producing interesting battle reports, especially for skirmish type games.

So that's it for now. After this I am toying with a modern project using Force on Force, but I'll have to see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. Yes... come. Join us in the VSF Dark Side. We have no cookies. But the biscuits and tea are superb.

    My main blog is dedicated to VSF. Victoria's Boys In Red: